Thursday 8 November 2012

Schwarzkopf got2b Powderful




I have recently road tested the new hair volumizing styling powder from Schwarzkopf and I thought I would add my opinion to the already mixed reviews. Before I let you know what I think, I should warn you that my hair although long doesn't take too much to get volume, I bleach it so it is fairly dry and it's thick, so with a bit of backcombing I can get some volume. However, I was recently looking for that extra boost because my hair is looking a bit limp whilst I'm waiting for a cut.

So, first things first there are two ways to apply the product, either directly onto the roots, or onto your hands and then massaged in. I have tried both methods and personally prefer to put it onto my hands first, its allows you to control the amount of powder you are using. If applied directly onto the roots, it will make your hair rough and knotty, as many previous reviews have described.

The formulation isn't like anything I have tried before, it's a powder but upon contact with the skin, it seems to react with moisture and turn almost tacky (I have tried to show you this in the photos below). This doesn't feel particularly nice, but I don't think you are going to get the same results without it.

Put onto my hand

After about 3 seconds, no rubbing in.

Once in the hair, it does give instant volume, and for me, it certainly lasted until my next wash. This i believe is both good and bad, its good because you aren't constantly re-doing your backcombing, its bad because the tacky formulation means I want to wash my hair before I re-style. I don't wash my hair everyday, so this is a major downside. You cannot just brush this stuff out, for example, like dry shampoo.

Overall, I really like this product if I am going for a night out, it does give great volume and it is different to anything I have tried before, but it isn't something I will be using everyday. I can bear the tacky feeling in exchange for the volume pay off, but only for one night out not all day, and I expect if you slept with it in, you are going to need a Tangleteezer to sort your hair in the morning.

Has anyone else tried this product?

x

No comments:

Post a Comment