Wednesday 14 November 2012

Film Review: Skyfall

So, this is pretty much the film of the year, there is a lot of hype, and I do not think it disappoints and I am not a really a Bond fan. The film follows 007's usual antics of charming the socks off any woman and shooting some nasties but I found the storyline gripping and was actually attracted to Daniel Craig.

Why is this film so different to the other Bonds? I would say this is almost Bond 'stripped back', there isn't lots of gadgets, there isn't Hallie Berry walking out in a bikini but there is drama and a true story. i don't want to give too much away, but there is also a brilliant twist at the end. I have read that Daniel Craig didn't really want to continue with the franchise, I don't think you can blame him after the first two he made, but this has pulled it back and I hope he sees that too. Not that he has much of a choice, he is locked into his contract for another two films anyway.

There is one small thing that has already been widely criticised and that is the product placement, the famed Heineken scene is quite funny, I bet they are loving all of the media attention too, bad publicity is good publicity and all that. But, that would be my only criticism. The best film I have seen all year!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Thank you so much for visiting my page and for the comment! I don't see you in my GFC list could you check again please?
    I will follow you now...would you also want to share and like each others facebook? If so please let me know at:

    www.honnejihen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your comment!
    I am following you but I think
    I don't see you in my followers :(
    Let me know! kiss

    http://8melite.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete